Welcome :)
My name is Jess and have decided that I needed to do something more as a mom and NICU parent graduate (he is 4!) Time sure flies!! Ever since my son was in the NICU, I have felt the need to support ohter parents as they take that incredible, yet fearful journey. No one plans for their babies to be in the NICU, but it happens. There are terrific nurses and Doctors that take care of your baby/babies, but what about us? Even with family and friends, it can still be very overwhelming. I know there are programs in hospitals for NICU babies social gatherings, but I would like to create a program of counseling and support for parents while their babies are in the NICU and afterwards. They is a great need for this and I believe we can take this to the next level. What do you think??
No comments:
Post a Comment